Sunday, March 6, 2016

sharing

This has been a wonderful Sabbath. Fast and testimony meeting was amazing as usual. CJ shared his testimony, so did I.  He's been sharing his testimony every month for almost six years. The first time was the Sunday after Mom's funeral in Dad's Ward. He didn't ask about sharing his testimony he just walked up to the stand. I was shocked! These last few months he has shared experiences or stories. I love listening to his testimony and watching it grow. 

I was asked, along with five other moms, to share "how the Savior has strengthened me through trials" during YW's today. I thought and thought of what I wanted to share. I decided to share how we all struggled with our move to Illinois. I was surprised how hard it was for us all. I shared how I prayed A LOT. I was so worried for the kids, for Brian and myself as well. Nobody wanted to be here for along time. I know prayer works. I was comforted at times that all would work out. I felt Christ's love for me many times. I hope I was able to express that to the YW. I hope they felt the Spirit as I shared.  
This evening Brian and I went on a two mile walk. The sun was just starting to set as we headed out. It was cooler than I had expected but it was enjoyable. I miss waking with him. We talk about all kinds of things. I love him so very much. 

Karlee prepared the lesson for FHE. So often it's something easy from the New Era or The Friend. Tonight it was more. There was more planning and thought. As she was closing and sharing her testimony the Spirit was strong for me. It warms my heart to know my children have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment