Thursday, March 10, 2016

"Stars"

This morning we had "Breakfast with the Stars" as Karlee received an award from her Adaptive PE class. She, along with the other PE leaders, were being recognized for the way they handled an emergency during class. 

As the teachers talked about all the students my eyes started to tear up. We have some amazing students here! 

Her teacher and her fellow PE leaders. 

Once all the kids were at school I headed to the temple. Brenda was able to send me names to do initiatory work. I believe I did 12 names. I really enjoyed it. The temple workers make it so pleasant. 

Then after school I decided to walk Stella. We walked about 3 miles and I noticed that a home in our neighborhood, across Burr, must have maple trees. Those buckets are collecting the syrup. So cool!!


Later today Brian realized his truck still wasn't working right. It didn't have enough battery power. He talked with a couple mechanics and they all agreed it needed an alternator. More money... Well this one mechanic located the part, had it delivered, and replaced it in less than 30 minutes! Amazing!! Brian offered to buy them lunch tomorrow and they refused. So I made them cookies for Brian to take to work tomorrow. I am sooo grateful! There are great people everywhere! 

Then tonight Carson and I went to watch his friend, Hayden, in his school play. The play was so fun! They all did a great job. There's a chance Hayden will come see Carson in his play next month. Carson has his fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment