Sunday, July 17, 2016

birthday girl

This was taken yesterday with her two best friends. They went to eat at one of their favorites then went to a shooting range. Overall the day was tough for McKinzie. I know she didn't want to celebrate her day.

I've texted her a little today, hoping to FaceTime later on. So far I think her day has been ok. Besides it being her 25th birthday it's one month since Goeff's passing. I know the entire year will be like this, doing things that once brought joy will now be painful. Every first is going to be difficult. 

She's tired of hearing this...McKinzie is strong. She is wise beyond her years. When friends and family ask how she is doing I say, "She's lonely, miserable at times, but she's strong. She's been a single mom before so she knows she can do it. She just doesn't want to. She misses Geoff." 

McKinzie I want you to know how proud we are of you. We know you will be happy one day although there will always be an ache in your heart. Someone missing...Geoff. But you will find joy in the everyday again. 

You have brought so much joy to my life. I love your sense of humor/sarcasm. You are a good mom, teaching your children about Christ and to be considerate of others. You have become a friend, one of my best friends. I ache that you ache. 

I hope you have an ok birthday. I know not much will be great right now. But I pray that one day you will find greatness in your days to come. I love you!! Happy birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment