Monday, July 11, 2016

training

While in Texas Mason and I went shopping for supplies for his 50 miler. When we found this cart I think Mason was more excited than Retta. He actually tried to climb in it! 

We found shirts, boots, socks, pants, and a long sleeve shirt. After the purchase I gently mentioned to Mason that he would be paying for the high adventure himself. He was not please to say the least. I figured paying for his gear and food was plenty. 

These girls loved this cart from Home Depot on a different shopping trip. 
Today Mason and I went on a 4 mile hike while he was carrying a 30 lbs pack. After the first mile and half he wanted to be done. He was hot, sticky, achy, and buggy. By mile 3 he was doing much better. He'll hike again on Wednesday and Friday. Hopefully 6 miles on Friday. Hang in there Mason. It'll be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment