Thursday, July 28, 2016

Nauvoo Pageant

I was so excited to see this pageant. The last (and only) pageant I've seen was the Manti Pageant when I was a youth. We attended Youth Conference there. Brian has seen the Palmyra Pageant also on a youth trip. None of our children have seen one before. 

We headed to Nauvoo the day I got home from Texas. I got home after 10 Friday night and we were on the rode by 10 Saturday morning. 


Once we arrived in Nauvoo we had lunch then we went and reserved our seats. So cool that they provide the note card and twin to tie off our seats.

The only thing we didn't see last time was the Trail of Hope, that's where we headed. We took turns reading the posted signs.






Here is the Mississippi River they crossed. I knew it was big but WOW! So amazing to think how all these Saints crossed this river. Then to think they only had a wagon, like the one below, to carry their personal belongings and food. Or even more challenging...a handcart.



Before the pageant they had an 1840's carnival.  Stilts, stick ball, ring toss/flying, chess, crafts, and dancing. We loved all of it!





Carson loved the dancing!

We had a great spot for the pageant. I only wish that pick up and trailer hadn't been parked there. :(

The whole pageant was wonderful. I loved the stories of the immigrants, the singing, the beautiful backdrop, the Spirit which I felt multiple times. It was a great experience!




I'm so grateful we live close enough to make this trip in a day. We/Brian drove us home right after. We arrived home after 2. Luckily we were able to sleep in since church wasn't until 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment