Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sabbath Day

We got a call yesterday letting us know we would only be having Sacrament meeting today. Our building doesn't have water pressure. It was strange pulling into the parking lot with it being so empty. Even stranger walking into the building and it was so quiet.

I was only there long enough to partake of the sacrament then I headed into the Stake Center to meet with a new Ward Primary Presidency. It was my first presidency training. I think it went well. I hope I was able to answer all their questions. One counselor was from the previous presidency so I know she'll be a lot of help. I enjoyed getting to know them better. That's one of the perks of this calling.


After lunch I helped Carson decorate a cake. Carson asked me yesterday if we could celebrate Harry's birthday. Of course I said yes. Shortly before church he asked if he could wear Harry's glasses. I thought real quick, remembering that both McKinzie and Karlee wear nonprescription glasses too, and said yes. He was shocked! When I told McKinzie she was shocked as well. She said her glasses were an accessory like earrings. I said his glasses were an accessory like a necktie. ;) I love that he has found something he loves.
Our garden is looking great! Our tomato plants are almost as tall as our corn. Granted our corn is kind of short. We have "wild" tomato and cucumber plants. Our lettuce looks a little sad from the rabbits that are everywhere. I'm thinking we need a more aggressive cat to keep them away. Then, do you see that large squash plant on the left? Not sure what kind of squash is it though. Carson brought a seed home from Primary. We'll see what it is soon.

As I was sitting in the family room talking with Brian I looked out the front window and see a pink sky. I head out the door quickly and see this from our front yard. I love our view! Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment