Friday, January 15, 2016

a day off

It's been so nice to not go to work today. Don't get me wrong, it's still been a full day. I still got up just as early, 6:15. I ran 3 miles, that's twice this week. Then I took all the kids to the dentist. Both boys looked great while Karlee had a tiny cavity. Luckily the dentist had time to take care of if today. While we were waiting Carson was reading The Reader's Digest! He was loving it! Who knew it would be a hit for a 10 year old. He kept reading out loud all the jokes. Mason was loving it too. 

I took the kids home then ran a few errands. I couldn't believe how crazy Walmart was. I guess everyone else was off work too. 

I picked up a few things for dinner then I picked up a movie from Redbox. Brian and I will have our date tomorrow as we will go to the Temple. I decided to make dinner a little special. Since I had more time I decided to try a new dessert. I made "molten lava cake" from scratch. It wasn't difficult I just needed to plan ahead. While I was mixing it I was amazed at how it tasted exactly like the original. 

I made ribs for dinner and the boys loved it! (Unfortunately Karlee was babysitting tonight.) While we were eating I put the cake in the oven. It turned out perfect! We were amazed with the result. After dinner and dishes we watched a movie together, The Scorch Trials. Carson came and sat next to me during a few of the more intense parts. 

I was able to start a new sewing project this afternoons as well. I hope I can stay focused and finish it fairly quick. It's a gift. More good news! Carson took off his splint this morning and it seems he won't need to wear it any longer. I'm glad he didn't break it last week. Little miracles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment