Wednesday, January 27, 2016

musical kids

Tonight I needed a treat. While I was mixing cookies Carson serenaded me with his viola. 

The other morning I asked him if he liked playing the viola. He said it was hard. I told him it was hard to tie his shoes once. He smiled at me and headed out the door to the bus stop. I hope he continues playing. I really enjoy listening to my kids learn new instruments. 

McKinzie played the flute through her Jr. year. Then she played the piano a little during her Sr. year at my request. Bailee played drums, bell, and other instruments through middle school. She played the piano for a few years as well. Karlee has been playing the piano since 2nd grade, I think. She's currently not taking lessons but she often sits down and plays. She has an amazing talent on the piano. I hope she always plays. Mason tried the French horn for only one year I believe. He didn't care for it at all. He started taking piano lessons when he was in 4th or 5th grade intending to play the drums in middle school, but he changed his mind. He's been taking lessons here for a few months now and he has shown real talent. His fingers just know what to do. Carson tried the piano for a few years before we moved here and he struggled with it. He's glad to be playing the viola. Me too! 

This past week Karlee has been acting like a nanny for me. (I told her I would provide room and board.) She picks up Mason after his clubs. She takes Carson to a friends house. She helps the boys stay focused with homework and practice their instruments. She has often started dinner for me till I get home or made the entire meal. Today I left a grocery list and my credit card for her to run to the store. She's awesome!! I think she's enjoyed feeling like an adult too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment