Friday, January 1, 2016

wrapping it up


Today's plan is to put away as much Christmas as possible. This day often causes me to reflect.

This is my favorite nativity. The second one I bought. I love the white clothing and pale faces. This family is so pure.

These are the two snowmen I got for Christmas. McKinzie gave me the ornament while Carson made the one below at school. I still love snowmen!

Do you see that tall snowman on the freezer? McKinzie gave it to me for my birthday. A bonus for having my birthday so late in the year. 

I'm so grateful for our large storage room in the basement. Most of the Christmas bins are open and waiting to be filled as I slowly carry everything down. 

I'm often distracted by old Christmas cards. I love rereading and remembering about their families. We've made so many friends along the way. 

I've put most of it away today. The living room, kitchen, dining room, entry way, mantle and tree are all bare. All that's left is garland, entertainment center and tree. Still plenty to do tomorrow. Needless to say, I'll need to put everything back to normal too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment