Thursday, January 14, 2016

a full day

I couldn't resist this morning, I had to take yet another breathtaking picture from our driveway. It was around 20 degrees and it felt heavenly! We ended up reaching 40 degrees today. 

I spent a couple hours with this handsome boy, and a few amazing women, at a presidency meeting with the Aurora/Spanish Ward. (This is Holly B's son Sean. He's 5 1/2 months old and smiles easily. It was easy to get him to giggle too.) The Aurora Ward is struggling with budget concerns and communication. By the time we left everyone in the Stake Primary Presidency had an assignment to help with the Aurora Ward's concerns. They have their Ward conference Sunday.  

I spent the next couple hours running errands and having lunch before heading to work. I have a 4 day weekend with the kids! Wagon!!

Work was very busy for me. I was able to take care of and sort through their filing, entered a few charters, and cleared about 30 exceptions for attendance.  It was probably by busiest day yet at the office. 

Brian was at the office today. It's kind of strange when he's there. We try to keep it professional but even that's weird. He did come say hi and gave me a kiss. That made it less weird for me. 

As I headed to the car I saw the remnants of the sunset, very pink. The days are beginning to get longer and I'm grateful. 

Karlee and Mason felt pretty good about their finals this week. They are glad they're over. Karlee's biggest concern is her Calculus class. She's hoping to have a B for the semester. It'll come down to if her teacher grades on a curve or not. 

Bailee got some good news yesterday. She received a scholarship!! It's through the school and it will pay her $475. It'll cover the balance on her Badger Creek semester and give her a little for books. She was thrilled! So are we. 

Here is one of the books she needs. It's a "really cool backcountry ski book"! Such a hard life she has. 

Carson is tired of wearing the splint already. The novelty has worn off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment