Sunday, December 4, 2016

serving

Thursday we started "Light the World" for the month of December. The first day was service and we went to the Bishop Storehouse. We always enjoy serving there. The orders were filled quickly so Brian and Mason starting refilling the shelves. I'm sure it felt like the olden days for Brian working at a grocery store. 

CJ also helped with decorating. 

Friday I was able to get all the lights on the tree working. It looks good even without the ornaments.

At one point on Friday we were all taking a break on the stairs on our devices. I sure love the garland and lights on the stairs, and my boys. For our service for the day Mason taught us how to find names to take to the temple. We learned a lot and Carson really enjoyed it. He ended up finding about a dozen names. 

We then went to a light show about 15 minutes away. The boys really weren't into it so Brian and I sat holding hands watching the lights. It was about a 25 minute show. I really enjoyed it.


Saturday morning was our Ward Christmas party. We did a breakfast instead of the usual dinner. It was nice but it didn't feel like a normal Ward Christmas party. The Primary sang a couple songs then we ate. Brian helped cook the pancakes, the boys sat with their friends. I was very grateful to sit by my friends too, Julie K and Keri L. We had a wonderful visit. 


During the afternoon I worked on some gifts. I was listening to Christmas music and the sun was streaming through the window while embroidering. It was wonderful. I was thinking the only thing I needed was fudge. ;)  I'll be making some during the week I'm sure. 

When Carson saw my scarf he thought I needed his lumberjack hat I guess. He told me to close my eyes and hold my head up. I did as I was told and was surprised when he started forcing something on my head. I was surprised at how hot that beard was as well.

Brian and I spent the evening/night in the city. We took the 4:30 train in to see a concert. On our walk to the venue we stopped at Qdoba. It was delicious! The concert was nice. There were three musicians that I never heard of before. We enjoyed spending the night together very much! We always do.


Today we now have a winter wonderland. Brian was so cold this morning he was snuggled under two blankets while having the fire on. He looked cute.
On our drive to church. Brian's sunroof worked well.

When we arrived home at 4:30 I asked Brian to stop so I could take a picture. He's great to accomadate me so often. I sure love him! 

Our house sure looks pretty.

This is Murray's first snow. The boys laughed and laughed everytime Murray came in from the snow. Snow kept clinging to his hair. Mason ended up using the hair dryer to take care of him. Poor Murray.

Tonight while listening to the Chrisrtmas Devotional we decorated the tree. Sometimes I feel like we are checking things off our list. Check - one more item done.

The boys went out to play after the tree was decorated. They had fun.

Murray had trouble going to bed, he kept whimpering so I took him out. I think all he wanted was to play. He loved the snow! I did end up getting this picture after everyone else was in bed. So pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment